A look back to 2012
We thought we’d share some key highlights of the last year for Medicines for Children.
- In December 2011 we launch our updated website – tested by parents and with a brand new logo, it hosts our expanding range of medicines leaflets plus new information and short films about how to give medicines for children, family stories and news items.
- In 2012 we publish 42 new medicines leaflets – bringing our total to 160 – and start reviewing our published leaflets to ensure they are up-to-date.
- We recruit more parents and carers to our panel – they help make sure our information is accessible and useful to families like theirs.
- We attend several conferences to speak with other healthcare professionals about the resource – including the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health annual conference in May, National Council for Child Health & Wellbeing in June, the Sick Children: Who Cares? event in October, and the Neonatal & Paediatric Pharmacists Group conference in November.
- We are referenced in NHS resources for both the public and healthcare professionals – such as NHS Evidence, Patient Advice and Liaison Services and the new Information Service for Parents.
- We conduct a consultation with parents for their feedback on the resource, eliciting helpful recommendations as well as some positive feedback. One parent tells us: “I think the website looks fantastic! It’s really easy to navigate around and is and pretty easy to use. I would certainly use it and recommend it to others.”
We wish you a happy and healthy holiday season.