- Search for a Leaflet
- Types of Medicines
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
Our new series of parent/carer information films feature interviews with some of the many health care professionals with whom parents or carers may come into contact whilst navigating child health services.
The first two films in our new series of interviews with health care professionals feature:
"The role of the pharmacist" with Catrin Barker, Chief Pharmacist at Alder Hey Children's Hospital
"The role of a Community Paediatrician" with Dr Ruairi Gallagher, Consultant in Developmental Paediatrics at Alder Hey Children's Hospital
Many thanks to Alder Hey Children's Hospital for allowing us to film their medical staff for these first films.
The aim of these films is to answer some of the key questions which people might want to know about the medical professionals that are looking after their child.
We have asked a range of professionals working in different medical specialties to answer questions such as:
- What are the main jobs undertaken by someone working in your specialty?
- What groups of children do you work with in your day to day work?
- What other health care professionals do you work with?
- Do you prescribe medicines?
- What are the common misconceptions about what your role?
- What does an average week at work involve for you?
- Within your role, do you have any advice for parents and carers?
- Why did you want to go into your specialty of medicine?
Whilst in Alder Hey we also filmed the following series of interviews with health care professionals - these will be released over the next few months:
- The role of a General Paediatrician
- Taking part in clinical trials
- The role of a WellChild nurse
In the New Year we will be developing additional films and are keen to interview further health care professionals who work with children.
Please get in touch if you would like to be involved.